Under construction - Please call for other titles
G. Henle Publishers stands for Urtext sheet music of the highest quality. Musicians around the world, both amateurs and professionals, can fully rely on our sheet music of what is called “classical music”. Our Urtext editions not only provide the undistorted and authoritative musical text but are also aesthetically pleasing, optimised for practical use and extremely durable. And then there is the strong, distinctive blue profile: (almost) all of our Urtext editions are bound in the characteristic blue cardboard.
Ever since Günter Henle founded our publishing house, we have concentrated almost exclusively on the scholarly preparation of Urtext editions of music from the Baroque onwards. This is why, as the world's undisputed market leader, we have the greatest knowledge about Urtext and the most comprehensive Urtext catalogue, comprising over 1,250 titles to date. Our much-respected blog, written by the editorial department, discusses interesting specialist issues concerning Urtext every other week.
Musicians trust Henle’s blue Urtext editions. And rightly so because our musical scores
- provide the undistorted, reliable and authoritative musical text
- offer superb, aesthetically-pleasing music engraving
- contain a short preface that introduces the work in German, English and French as well as explanatory footnotes for particularly interesting passages in the score
- include a “Critical Report” in German and English (often also in French) with a complete list of the sources, an evaluation of the sources and different readings, including a documentation of the corrections that have been made
- are optimised for practical use (page turns, fingerings) for all printed editions, in addition you can customise the musical layout of your score in the digital “Henle Library” app
- the printed ones are of extremely high quality and durability (cover, paper, binding).