Kathryn Moorhead and Megan Reeve - Miscellany for Flute and Harp
Throughout history composers have been drawn to the combination of the flute and harp, from the shepherd’s pan pipes and Orphean lyre of ancient Arcadia, to the French court of Marie-Antoinette and Mozart’s duo concerto.
‘Miscellany for Flute and Harp’ draws on a broad range of historical and contemporary repertoire that showcases this perennial duo. Kathryn Moorhead and Megan Reeve, founders of the Miscellany Ensemble, come together for this long awaited debut recording.
[widgetic-audio-player id=5bae02caecb2a1c5488b4584 autoscale=on width=500 height=350 resize=fill-width]
Kathryn and Megan have chosen a wide variety of music to feature on this recording, from the well-known to the recently discovered. Classical favourites such as the Arab Dance from the Nutcracker Suite, Gluck’s Dance of the Blessed Spirits and the Entr’acte from Carmen sit alongside contemporary Australian works from Colin Brumby and John Carmichael. Folk music is explored with variations on Greensleeves and Josef Molnar’s Phantasy on Themes of Japanese Folk Songs, which pushes both instruments to their limits.
A true miscellany for flute and harp!
- Entr'acte Jacques Ibert 3:12
- The Fog is Lifting Carl Nielsen 1:55
- Sicilienne Maria Theresia von Paradis 3:08
- Allegretto from Suite de Trois Morceaux Benjamin Godard 1:58
- Tango-Etudes No. 3 Ástor Piazzolla 3:57
- Arab Dance from the Nutcracker Suite Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky 2:48
- Entre'acte to Act 3 from Carmen George Bizet 2:29
- Mists of Islay I Colin Brumby 1:57
- Mists of Islay II Colin Brumby 2:08
- Mists of Islay III Colin Brumby 1:33
- Largo from Sonata in F Major TWV 415 Georg Philipp Telemann 1:58
- Dance of the Blessed Spirits from Orpheus and Euridice Christoph Willibald Gluck 6:41
- Greensleeves (Anonymous) 5:05
- Berceuse Op. 16 Gabriel Fauré 3:28
- Quiet Evening John Carmichael 3:14
- Phantasy on Themes of Japanese Folk Songs Josef Molnar 7:24